You must be:
- a current full-time university/college student, OR
- a final year student with studies ending no more than 6 months from the intake start,
- register for the program BEFORE the end of your studies
- 18 to 28 years old
- Average English skills
- Commit to at least 2.5 months’ work in the USA
There are 2 intakes per year:
- Summer: May 25 to September 15
- Winter: November 25 to March 15
The maximum work period follows the Summer or Winter program dates, plus an additional grace period of up to 30 days for traveling within the USA after your work end.
We offer a diverse list of host employers, compliant with State Department regulations to hire Work & Travel USA participants. Positions are casual based, entry-level, with minimum or no experience required, with paid on-the-job training provided.
Our host employers are located in hotspots all over the USA – the Big Apple, New England region, the Pacific Northwest, the Rocky Mountains ranges, along the West Coast or in sunny Hawaii – take your pick!
Pay ranges between $9-15 per hour, and equivalent to what your American counterpart would receive. Full time work is 32-40 hours per week, overtime is usually 1.5 times the normal pay rate. Second jobs are allowed during your free time.